The kanban system is a well-known and proven method in industrial companies for easier control and supply of the material production flow. How to change the traditional process to a modern, more efficient and more reliable one? Via electronic Kanban.
e-Kanban replaces traditional paper cards and, thanks to RTLS, enables a wide scalability of tools: tracing of monitored objects, overview of their status and setting of alerts.
The technical structure of the system connects several functional blocks, which together monitor industrial buildings in accordance with the Industry 4.0 standards. The advantage is also the possibility of connection with the existing corporate ERP/MES system.
Advantages of e-Kanban vs. Kanban
- Reduction of stock and lead time by up to 25%
- Redirecting human resources to more speciality-oriented tasks
- Better overview and full control over the production process in real time
- Faster decisions, better planning and continuous process optimization
- Increased product quality
Searching for production orders
The solution’s basic properties include functions implemented in the digital twin environment:
- Monitoring the followed items in real time,
- Searching for the monitored equipment in a 2D/3D layout,
- Showing all active equipment in the layout,
- Filtering of equipment in the search field according to predefined parameters (name, number, item etc.),
- Addition, removal or transfer of equipment.
Some of the application’s advanced functions for searching for production orders include:
- Monitoring the order’s lead time from the beginning of the pairing process until its physical or virtual removal,
- Online notifications on whether the monitored item spends a longer time in the defined zones than the time defined by the user,
- Warning if the localisation tag has a low battery before a new pairing,
- Connection with third party control systems, allowing access to order numbers and their pairing with the localisation tag without the need to enter the number manually,
- Routes of monitored items,
- Support for virtual zones: each zone can have its own predefined properties such as maximum time, number of pieces of equipment in the zone etc.,
- Control of the presence of localisation tags in certain zones, for example during the manual removal of localisation tags,
- Fully automatic email reports and notifications,
- Authentication and authorisation of access to the application.