3D Measurement and Digitization of Objects and Buildings
3D laser scanning is a reverse engineering technology and is currently the most widely used form of processing a real three-dimensional object into a computer model for further processing.
We use 3D laser scanners to transform real objects into digital form. 3D scan is a digital version of a scanned object from real environment. This means that through 3D laser scanning and subsequent data processing into the graphical environment, we objectify, for example, the real arrangement of objects in industrial companies, digitize the current state of buildings, cultural and historical monuments and the like.
Asseco CEIT has many years of experience with this technology from the most important suppliers of 3D scanners, such as FARO and LEICA. The state-of-the-art scanning device LEICA RTC 360 is currently used.
For the successful integration of the individual steps of Industry 4.0, this initiative supports the development of 3D laser scanning technologies. It is therefore necessary to work with 3D digital documentation, whether in the environment of CAD, graphic solutions and others. At Asseco CEIT, this is why, in addition to high-quality technical means, we also try to implement new procedures for processing the acquired data and their subsequent 3D digitization process for specific applications.
A digital enterprise, or digital twin of an industrial enterprise, represents a virtual picture of real production and in the design phase of a technical change can significantly affect the costs of project implementation. This is one of the reasons why digitization technologies are used in areas such as:
- Industrial plant
- Automotive industry
- Building industry
- Forensic engineering
- Cultural heritage
- Metallurgical industry
- Electrotechnical industry
Within our company, data from 3D laser scanning and subsequent outputs from the 3D digitization process are used for applications such as:
- Processing of CAD models for the purposes of conceptual and detailed design
- Creation of 2D and 3D layout for the purpose of implementation of commercial projects
- Preparation and import of 3D data for the CEIT Table software solution
- Preparation of 3D data for the implementation of software applications for virtual trainings
- 3D data processing for DIGITAL TWIN software solutions
- 3D simulation and modelling of production and logistics processes
- Graphic visualizations of implemented projects