Based on the number of workplaces, the necessary technologies and technological procedures, it is possible to design a rough layout of the planned production hall. With our own system to support the design of production and logistics systems, we implement new projects, proposals for production layouts on a green field, redesign of the current layout, optimization of material flows, capacity verification or dimensioning of logistics resources. Especially with large-scale production and transport equipment, it is important to check the layout in order to avoid possible collisions with fixed building elements, installations or other machines and equipment. We focus on creating different variants and their evaluation (analysis) with respect to the set goals.
After solving the conceptual issues, it is time to design workplaces, operators, material and information flows or service activities. Digital tools enable the implementation of quality solutions in a virtual environment, without unnecessarily limiting the existing production process. Compliance with valid regulations and standards is checked in detail, material flows are optimized, the workplace and work activities are comprehensively analysed from the point of view of observance of time-movement studies and ergonomic principles (handling and visual space, working positions, manipulation with loads, cyclically repeated activities, stress on individual body parts, etc.).
With modern design of production systems, it is possible to make as many mistakes as we want, and yet they all pay off. Because they will ultimately prevent mistakes in real environment.
- Reduction of design time in a 3D environment (design of a production system layout solution in one working meeting)
- Support for the design of new production systems in green field – the possibility of visualizing the arrangement of production layouts in real space
- Reduction of costs for documentation, analysis, accuracy of processing and storage of information about objects
- Improving the quality of design (the design team perceives the modelled 3D environment in a virtual environment as real)
- Increasing design reliability
- Creation of 3D models of production systems
- Virtual movement around production facilities and workplaces
- Identification and detection of bottlenecks and collisions
- Improving quality by assessing P-FMEA by visualizing processes in a virtual environment
- Assessment of proposals from the point of view of ergonomics and health and safety
- Simple and accurate monitoring and control of the movement of objects in the production and logistics system (material, handling units, workers)
- Supporting the development of knowledge on 3D scanning, digitization, modelling and simulation with the support of virtual and augmented reality tools and through access to extensive databases of digital object models.